Sunday, July 19, 2009

WONDERFUL WEEKEND

These past 3 days have been some wonderful days of summer for me. I have been under stress from a recent financial crunch, yet the Lord has provided some joys and simple pleasures in my life recently. I got to spend most of the day holding my grandson and granddaughter on Friday. On Saturday, Autumn (my 7 year old granddaughter) and I spent the whole day together making memories of a Gammy/Autumn day. We went to the movies and saw Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosauers in 3D, rode on the carousel in Riverfront Park, then cooled off in the water works at the park near my house, and then onto my house where we watched Madagascar 2 and had dinner and strawberry shortcake. Autumn was still going strong when she left for home, and grandma climbed into bed at 8:30. It was a great day!

On Sunday, my friend from college, Kurt took me out to lunch at a restaurant here in Browne's Addition. We walked over to the park and watched kids playing and talked, then we attended my church service in the early evening, which they held in the park. Later that evening, some friends from my church spent some time visiting with me. Overall, I had a wonderful and very blessed time. God is good when you rest in his peace though there are stressful things going on around you. Tommorrow I go back to my practicum with the preschool children and that evening some church friends are having a BBQ in the local park.

I feel very blessed and am resting in His peace and believing in His answers to prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment