Sunday, July 5, 2009

4TH OF JULY!

It was a grand 4th of July! I did something different this year. I went out to dinner with 3 of my girlfriends to the Sushi-yaki restaurant. No, I did not eat raw fish...ugh. I did eat a great shrimp tempura dinner with a Japaneses style salad and rice and noodle soup. The food was very good and a nice change for me. All 4 of us girls walked two blocks over to the cement steps in front of the water by the Opera House and watched the fireworks. We had the best seats you could have gotten. There, the fireworks looked like they were coming right at us. They were quite a show, as Spokane has been doing for several years. One of my friends sitting near me had never seen the fireworks in Spokane. At the end, she was so touched that she cried a few tears of joy Then of course, she got me started a little, and we both agreed that in spite of our nation's problems, we are grateful that we were born in America. We both remarked how we could have had the misfortune of being Iranian or Afghanistani women. Anyway, we enjoyed them a great deal. To avoid the traffic jams right after, we all went back to the restaurant to get something to drink and laughed and talked. I do have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed and had a wonderful 4th of July!

Today, Sunday I am working on some schoolwork before school starts again tomorrow, as I spend 3 days a week most of the day at the Early Learning Center. Looking forward to the children tomorrow. The sky is looking like our sun has left us, and we are going to get some thunderstorms. Catch all of you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment