Saturday, August 8, 2009

MIDSUMMER

Where has this summer gone? It seems like I just finished Spring quarter and here we are just two weeks left of Summer quarter. These last two weeks are chock full of a lot of assignments, in fact a lot that's due before this next Wednesday. So, guess how I'm spending this weekend and the next few days after that! I can't complain too much because I have a whole month off before school starts up again.

For those of you who knew I was going through a sudden financial crunch, I will say that the Lord has been looking out for me and has provided for me in ways I would not have thought of. A heartfelt thank you to all those dear ones who supported me during this hardship.

I am also, thankful that my daughter and grandson did not contract the bad virus my granddaughter had a few weeks ago. She was running a high fever of 102-104 F. degrees for about four days and very ill. So far, no one else has come down with it. Praise God! There was a lot of prayer for all of them. You see, He really does take care of us!

I have been enjoying coming home every Monday from my practicum and joining my missional community from my church in the nearby park for our weekly BBQ. It's a great time for just sitting in the beautiful park and enjoying the fellowship with everyone. The church is also holding our Sunday evening services in the park during the summer. You can't beat that! I must say, it has been a lazy, good summer without even going out of town. I guess I'm one of those who can find pleasure in the simple things, like the nice, warm evenings, beautiful, lush green trees in my neighborhood, spending more time outdoors with my grandchildren, playing in the water with all the children at the Early Learning Center, not having to shuffle through 3-5 feet of snow (lol!), BBQ's, and watching some good movies.

Have a great rest of the summer!




No comments:

Post a Comment