Tuesday, September 29, 2009

FALL HAS ARRIVED

Hello everyone,

Fall weather has certainly arrived today. Yesterday it was about 80 degrees, today a cool 60. That's the way the weather is around here...a new season will literally, come in overnight. Can't wait until all the beautiful leaves turn fall colors. In Browne's Addition they are absolutely stunning with all the lucious, old maple trees.

Fall also, brings Fall quarter for me. Yes, school started a week ago, and the work is on! I am taking a full load of 15 credits. They are: Behavioral Classroom Management, Technical Services I (about helping students in their libraries), and Introduction to Communication Studies. I will definitely be very busy this quarter. I am looking forward to the new things I will be learning about working in a classroom with children. My practicum this Fall is at the Early Learning Center with preschool through 12 year olds. This is a Head Start program to provide child care for parents who are students at the college. It's great to work with these kids! Lots of hands on experience.

I made it through a bad head cold I have had for the past week, and am now ready to hit the books and computer! Nice to see some of my friends back at school.

Bye for now.
Debbie

2 comments:

  1. Yes this fall weather is bittersweet as the fall leaves are pretty, but we have to put away our shorts and also stay away from the dreaded swine flu. You are so very busy with school and books and kids. Hopefully we can all stay well this fall so you can come over and kiss the gamsters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gammy it's not fall anymore! When are you going to update the blog?

    ReplyDelete